The following system specifications are required for using the TAP programs:
- Local PC or Laptop with operating system Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10 (No Tablet, Convertible or similar)
- Windows 11 is not yet supported!
- The TAP programs are designated only for installations on a local PC.
- Installation on a server within a network and use e.g. from a terminal at another place is not possible.
- Because of too large latency times a virtual machine is not suitable to perform measurements
- Regarding Vista/7 please note the additional details in a separate part of the FAQ.
- min. dual core processor
- Minimal screen resolution:
- 1024*768 (TAP and TAP-M)
- 800*600 (KiTAP)
- display size min. 15"
- Touch-screens are not supported
- Sound output
- 2 USB-A ports
- for connecting the reaction keys (this must be a built-in port)
- and the USB security dongle (this may be via a USB hub)
- Disk space: ~200 MB
Please note that only current versions (from TAP 2.3.1, KiTAP 1.5.1 and TAP-M 1.3.1) are compatible with Windows 8 and 10.
Older versions are only compatible up to Windows 7.