For copy protection the TAP programs are using the so called HASP encryption of Thales.
This copy protection system requires an USB key, that is necessary for operating the program, i.e. it has to be connected with the computer.
This so called "dongle" is part of the delivery of any TAP program and the necessary driver will be installed automatically during a standard setup.
By default the encryption is not network-compatible, i.e. the USB dongle must be connected locally to the computer. Technically possible are also network-enabled versions, where the TAP programs must still be installed locally, but the USB dongle can be connected to a server within the network, so that several TAP licenses could be served centrally. If needed, please contact us directly.
The utilization of the programs (both the main programme and the subtests) isn't neither time limited nor limited to a specific amount of program starts.
The following system specifications are required for using the TAP programs:
- Local PC or Laptop with operating system Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10 (No Tablet, Convertible or similar)
- Windows 11 as of build 202206 (see Info Windows 11)
- The TAP programs are designated only for installations on a local PC.
- Installation on a server within a network and use e.g. from a terminal at another place is not possible.
- Because of too large latency times a virtual machine is not suitable to perform measurements
- Regarding Vista/7 please note the additional details in a separate part of the FAQ.
- min. dual core processor
- Minimal screen resolution:
- display size min. 15"
- For an optimal presentation a maximum resolution of 1920*1080 (Full-HD) is recommended
- In multi-monitor mode, the monitors not in use should be switched off
- Touch-screens are not supported
- Sound output
- 2 USB-A ports
- for connecting the reaction keys (this must be a built-in port)
- and the USB security dongle (this may be via a USB hub)
- Disk space: ~200 MB
Please note that only versions from TAP 2.3.1, KiTAP 1.5.1 and TAP-M 1.3.1 are compatible with Windows 8 and 10.
Older versions are only compatible up to Windows 7.
Please note that only versions with a build number of 202206 or later are compatible with Windows 11.