For copy protection the TAP programs are using the so called HASP encryption of Thales.
This copy protection system requires an USB key, that is necessary for operating the program, i.e. it has to be connected with the computer.
This so called "dongle" is part of the delivery of any TAP program and the necessary driver will be installed automatically during a standard setup.
By default the encryption is not network-compatible, i.e. the USB dongle must be connected locally to the computer. Technically possible are also network-enabled versions, where the TAP programs must still be installed locally, but the USB dongle can be connected to a server within the network, so that several TAP licenses could be served centrally. If needed, please contact us directly.
The utilization of the programs (both the main programme and the subtests) isn't neither time limited nor limited to a specific amount of program starts.
The following system specifications are required for using the TAP programs:
- Local PC or Laptop with operating system Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10 (No Tablet, Convertible or similar)
- The TAP programs are designated only for installations on a local PC.
- Installation on a server within a network and use e.g. from a terminal at another place is not possible.
- Because of too large latency times a virtual machine is not suitable to perform measurements
- Regarding Vista/7 please note the additional details in a separate part of the FAQ.
- min. dual core processor
- Minimal screen resolution:
- 1024*768 (TAP and TAP-M)
- 800*600 (KiTAP)
- display size min. 15"
- Touch-screens are not supported
- Sound output
- CD-ROM drive
- 2 USB-A ports
- for connecting the reaction keys (this must be a built-in port)
- and the USB security dongle (this may be via a USB hub)
Disk space: ~200 MB